Sales at P&G is business-critical, far-reaching, and ever-evolving. Its role varies from brand to brand, market to market, and season to season. It’s the link between our innovative products and strategic marketing, our customer partners, and our consumers’ lives.
From Day 1 on the team, you’ll work with our biggest customers, including Walmart, Tesco, Amazon, Alibaba, and Carrefour, to develop creative sales strategies to grow the business in an impactful and sustainable way. You’ll draw on our unparalleled depth and breadth of consumer data using innovative tools to develop smart marketing and merchandising solutions that present our brands in new and interesting ways. And you’ll combine these experiences with our world-class training to help you grow your career as a global sales leader.
Whether you’re an undergraduate or have recently graduated, have an MBA or are working towards one, or are coming to us as an experienced professional, you’ll be challenged, learn and grow, and have every opportunity to build a meaningful career with us. We have many roles for you to explore—why not start with these …
There are no job results within your area. If you’d like to look at all other opportunities:View All Opportunities
9,000 Sales employees
globally interact with every team, customer, and brand
of P&G employees work in Sales
Working in Sales at P&G
When you work in P&G Sales, one moment you could be pitching new products with a new retail customer; the next you might be combining global consumer knowledge with detailed geo insights to influence the moment of purchase. Ultimately, you’ll own the point of sale by supporting customers through best-in-class distribution, innovative merchandising, and competitive price points. .
Our Sales professionals have a diverse range of responsibilities:
- Product pitches and launches
- Insights development using sophisticated analytical tools built by data scientists
- Trade and promotion strategy design & execution
- Market and category forecasting
- Customer strategic relationship management & negotiation
- In-market strategy management
- Distribution, pricing, shelving, and merchandising analysis & strategic recommendations
- Multifunctional team leadership
- Promotional calendar management
Sales Roles at P&G
Our Sales team makes sure everyone wins at P&G—our customers, our people, and our company. It takes a lot of different talented people in very different roles to make this happen. Learn more about what roles make up our winning Sales team.
Sales Account Executive / manager / Supervisor
- Develop short- & long-term sales strategies based on customer requirements, consumer insights, and business need
- Lead daily & monthly planning to deliver sales goals
- Set vision, strategies, and direction to execute product & commercial innovations
- Drive growth in sales, share, and return on investment
- Develop joint business plans with customers
- Customer relationship management
- Coordinate execution of sales plans and programs
- Identify sales opportunity
- Conduct sales calls
- Deliver sales targets
- Comprehensive customer relationship management
- Initiate new ideas to expand distribution and grow business
Category Manager / Market, Strategy, and Planning
- Develop commercial plans, go-to-market and sales fundamentals strategies, and business targets for Sales teams
- Lead deployment of agreed regional strategies, key business priorities, and regional master plans
- Provide optimal tools to implement trade marketing strategies at point of sale
- Sell total category growth models to customers
- Track spending to optimize budgets, ROI, and promotion efficiency
- Achieve levels of market share, turnover, and margins as defined in the annual targets
(not a management role)
- Work closely with customer/agency to track sales performance against goal
- Develop and support execution of reports and ensure timely processes's execution
- Identify potential opportunities and explore new plans for making savings projects
- Maintain current tracking reports
- Ensure process on-time compliance
- Partner with business leaders to drive strategic business growth
- Manage sales for your countries and portfolio of products
- Craft new initiatives, and align these with both brand and sales teams
- Mentor, guide, support, and advise KAMs to help them achieve their targets
- Lead premier executions everywhere to grow market shares with all customers and channels
- Craft commercial strategies in aspects of trade promo planning
- Build trade plan executions in order to strengthen them further
Not what you had in mind? Maybe you’d be interested in opportunities within Brand, where assignments range from consumer research and advertising campaigns to logo design and B2B communications.
A Day in the Life of the P&G Sales Team
No two days are ever the same in P&G Sales. However, every day is full of rewarding challenges, career-building learning opportunities, and chances to make a difference to our customers, our consumers, and our business.
The fast-moving, varied world of P&G Sales
Watch Amanda’s day move from forecasting and display plans, to leading the development of long-term growth strategies with one of our key retail partners, Kroger.
Branded Supplier of the Year
2017, Grocer Gold Awards
Career Growth & Development
From Day 1 in P&G Sales, you’ll experience real responsibility, be empowered to own your business, and make a meaningful impact. When you join us, you’ll be matched to a position where you’ll be able to make a significant contribution
Your career growth development will be supported by our Know & Grow framework, which encourages discussions between you and your manager. Together, you’ll identify your interests, skills and strengths, and future plans, and use this information to set realistic, specific, and clear career goals. Your manager will then help you explore developmental opportunities. As you develop, you’ll attend Sales Manager College where you’ll acquire the next round of training you need for your new assignment.
“World-class training sets you up to become a sales master”
Peter, customer manager, sales
I joined P&G as a summer intern and then became a full-time team member a year ago—and it’s been a year full of learning. So far, I have covered various training topics, including basic and conceptual selling, MFT knowledge, and business management. Now that my plan is over, I’m putting everything I learned into practice as I look after three branch offices, over 50 people, and $42 million sales volume!
FAQ & Interview Tips
Great Sales professionals are results-driven, confident, creative, and smart—with excellent communication and analytical skills. The work is enjoyably challenging, no two days are ever the same, you’ll work with and meet a lot of different people, and there can be a lot of travel involved. If this sounds like something you’d enjoy, you should take a look at our current opportunities in Sales.
There are many roles within Sales—in fact, about 10% of P&Gers work in Sales. Job titles vary from market to market and company to company so be sure to read job descriptions to get a clear understanding of what’s involved. That said, if you’re interested in being an account manager, account executive, account director, key account manager, channel sales manager, sales analyst, sales executive, sales representative, field sales manager, or similar, we’re sure to have what you’re looking for at P&G.
P&G is home to many leading brands, including some of the most popular household names in the world, like Olay, Gillette, and Head & Shoulders. You could work on any of them, and as you grow, you’ll gain experience across different brands within your category.
The Sales Virtual Job Preview is a quiz we ask some experienced professionals to complete as part of the application process. It helps P&G learn more about your Sales-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This information will be used to evaluate how well your particular qualifications and abilities meet the specific criteria required for successfully performing the job for which you applied. For more information, view the Sales Virtual Job Preview PDF.
You should ask questions at any interview, not just for any specific role. Always come prepared with some pointed questions, and then add any that you think of during the interview. By asking questions, you’ll find out information that may not be on our website or in our job posting. It’s also a good way to get a personal opinion from a P&Ger, or hear about their personal experiences. Be specific: for example, “How many brands will I work on as a Sales Manager at P&G?” Other questions could include “What is the career path like at P&G?” or “Does P&G offer childcare?” Remember to do your research so that you’re not asking questions that are readily available on the P&G careers or corporate website.